About the country
One of the tiniest sovereign nations in Europe is the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The northern part of the country blesses with greenery and mountains. Ardennes offers a spectacular view. The government is small, and all tourist attractions are within reach. Luxembourg gets snow in the winter but not as cold as its neighbours, and the summer is hot and lasts from May to September. In case of emergency, call 112 or 113.
Shaking hands is usually used to welcome people. Although most of the locals speak English, the national language of Luxembourg is Letsberg. Many Luxembourgers also speak French and German. It is a good habit to bring gifts or flowers when pretending to be a guest in someone’s home. People expect to wear intelligent casual clothes, but it is better to appear formal when attending social events or clubs. Smoking in public places not recommend.
Villeroy & Boch’s Crystal and Porcelain are very popular, and the pottery in Nospelt is a must-have when shopping from Luxembourg. A % VAT levy on items other than camps, hotels, and restaurants charges %. Tipping is free.
Luxembourg is the area to be. Wait for a day or tea to explore the city. The village of Wieden has a hilltop palace and is a famous landmark.
Taxis are available for rent around the city. They are open from 10 p.m. 6 to 10% surcharge and an additional 25% surcharge for full-day rentals on Sundays.
Luxembourg has several luxury hotels, most of which locates in Luxembourg. Other options include a guest house decorated with flowers and plants.
The national carrier operating here is Luxair. There are hourly flights from London to Luxembourg. Luxembourg Airport is 5 km from the city and takes about 20 minutes to get there. Provisions include duty-free shops, banks, travel information, and car rental for passengers.
Eurostar offers high-speed train services from London, Paris, Belgium, France, or Brussels to Luxembourg. Reservations can make over the phone, and there is a Euro charge for phone reservations. Check for offers on some routes. To travel within the country, you can purchase the Unlimited Train Permit for 29 countries in Europe.
Driving on the road recommends using the train or ferry service when crossing the canal between Dover and Coles. Find out if there are vacancies beforehand, especially during busy times. Drivers must be on the right side of the road, and there are strict rules for drinking and seat belts while driving.
Photo by Marc Marchal
- I started this newsletter/website for fun. It all began when I e-mailed a few friends who traveled a lot, and wanted to earn as many miles as I did. We competed to see who could accrue more miles, and after kicking their butts (I learned a lot traveling 150,000 miles a year), I decided to be nice and help my friends out.
- Travel & NatureSeptember 28, 2023Oregon Trip Check: Real-Time Travel Information and Conditions
- Travel & NatureJuly 6, 2023Reasons why traveling by train around Canada is fun.
- Travel & NatureMarch 12, 2023Yala National Park – Sri Lanka
- Travel & NatureFebruary 26, 20235 Romantic Travel Resolutions